Contemporary Art, Traditional Art and Botancial Art
CONTACT: Lorraine MacKeand – BA (FA)
Tel: 082 290 6889
Lessions offered: Monday afternoons, Tuesday or Wednesday mornings.
Studio is in Solheim (Fishers Hill)
Instruction on how to create Botanical artworks:
Graphic and Coloured Pencils
- Introduction to Materials
- How to “see” the plant
- Discussion on Light and Shadows, resulting in Form
Stages of Preparation:
- The layout and preparation of plant, flower, root onto Art Paper (Hot Press)
- How the pencil tones are applied i.e. the way in which pencils are prepared and method of drawing
- Pencil and coloured pencil work – dry pencil and Polychromos (wax)
A third lesson is offered if required, as this is purely an Introduction in the Concepts and Creation of Botancial artwork.
FEES: Reasonable – a fee will be given on enquiry – payable per lesson
DATES: Please phone Lorraine for the latest course schedule
Art Guidance in the Concepts of Abstract/Contemporary Art
Whether Representation or Non-representation both are offered by Lorraine. Lessons include:
- Discussion and guidance in the Thought Making Process of Abstract Art
- How to work with Acrylic medium/Watercolours/Mixed media – various techniques
Tuition in Art History for senior pupils in 1st/2nd year university.